SCHOOL DEVELOPMENT PLAN
2012 - 2017
Year 5 (2016 - 17)
By August 2017 we commit to having...
This is our vision.
Our exemplary teaching will achieve the best possible standards for our students and staff. We believe that teaching is at the very heart of school improvement and that all adults play a part in the teaching process. Exemplary teaching is not just about achieving the ‘outstanding’ Ofsted judgement – it is also about being at the forefront of practice and liberating the potential of the students we teach.
Our SDP is a five academic year commitment from September 2012 until July 2017. It has been developed following discussions with our stakeholders including staff, students, parents and governors over a period of time and following a time of reflection and ‘visioning’. The plan is underpinned by our commitment to ‘be exceptional’ and to live our core values, every day. That is: to be:
Our visioning of the future has enabled us to define what Lambeth Academy will be when our 2012 Year 7 cohort finish their year 11. Central to this is the commitment to ‘exemplary teaching’ as we believe that all other objectives can be achieved through this.
- what exemplary teaching looks like at Lambeth Academy and
- what we need to achieve in the short, medium and long term to deliver this vision?
We have set ourselves specific objectives for year 1, 3 and 5 of our plan which we will achieve from the following drivers (United Learnings’ Excellence Framework runs through these):
- To become the best teachers that we can possibly be: embedding rigorous and systematic processes which raise the quality of teaching and which are based on a balance of support and challenge. It will be critical to ensure that everyone understands what exemplary practice looks like in their field of work and that we share the best practice within and outside of Lambeth Academy
- To realising the potential in everyone: Our people development programme will be comprehensive, valued and will nurture talent. We will also ensure that the academic and social potential in our students is realised through outstanding tutoring and rigorous tracking.
- To delivering outstanding business support which underpins and enables: we must offer value for money in times of economic challenge without compromising on delivery. In achieving our vision staff must be enabled to focus on being the best teachers that they can possibly be - this includes being provided with the best learning environment and resources;
- To be leaders who are passionate about delivering our vision, guided by our values: the leadership of everyone will be pivotal to achieving our vision. There will be clear lines of accountability focused on providing quality line management and professional development. Our strong leadership will reflect our values ;
- To provide opportunities which enrich our student’ lives now and in the future: these opportunities will be in and outside of the classroom and will enable students to widen their experiences and become inspired to learn more.
Our Strategic Development Plan is in three parts – a strategic map (which defines our vision, our objectives and our journey), our school development plan (SDP - which is an operational plan detailing the actions to be taken in the current year - in this case year 5) and our dashboard (which enables us to assess progress through the year against our objectives). Each of our senior and middle leaders have their own development plans which provide further details and full costings.
Our SDP is reviewed 6 times a year by the Executive Principal and also at Local Governing Body meetings to assess progress being made towards our objectives and to review actions. Other identified objectives are reviewed at line management meetings.
We acknowledge our partners who will support us in achieving our vision. These include:
- United Learning and our family of schools
- Lambeth Authority
- United Teaching
- Clapham and Larkhall Collaborative and other partner schools
- Chime communications and other business partners
NB: where we refer to ALL students we recognise the importance placed on pupil premium and vulnerable students as well as HAP. These groups will be closely monitored. However we believe that by ensuring that ALL students achieve better than expected progress no one will be left behind.