LAMBETH ACADEMY STUDENTS ENJOY GCSE EXAM SUCCESS
Students and staff at Lambeth Academy are today celebrating their GCSE results. 61% of students achieved five or more A* to C grades including a 4 or above in both English and maths – up from 56% last year.
This year, grades for English and maths have changed into a numeric scale with a new highest grade of 9. 6% of students at Lambeth Academy achieved a grade 9 or 8 equivalent to an A*/A**. Almost double on the previous year.
There were notable individual successes in relation to both attainment and progress including:
- Georgina Buckle with 2 grade 9s; 1 grade 8; 2 A* and 4 A
- Maddie Leach with 2 grade 9s; 1 grade 8; 5 A; 1 B
- Jacob Williamson with 2 grade 9s; 1 grade 7; 4 A*; 2 A
- Ellen Wilkinson with 1 grade 9; 2 grade 8s; 4 A*, 2 A
- Jodie Yates with 1 grade 9; 2 grade 8s; 1 A*; 5 A
- Kacper Nowak with 1 grade 9; 1 grade 8; 1 grade 5; 1 A; 4 B; 1C
- Hyka Shaikh with 2 grade 8s; 1 grade 7; 3 A*; 2 A; 1 B
- Lottie Hatter with 2 grade 8s; 1 grade 7; 1 A*; 4 A; 1 B
Carol Shepherd, Head Teacher of Lambeth Academy, said:
“We are very pleased with these results and I congratulate every student collecting their results today. Students and staff have worked incredibly hard all year and these results are a fitting reward. This summer’s strong A Level and GCSE results mean that the new academic year can get off to a flying start.”