Lambeth Academy (United Teaching Alliance)
Lambeth Academy (United Teaching Alliance), UCL (The Institute of Education) and Leadership Colab, working together to improve leadership in our schools
Information for schools on the National Professional Qualifications
What is the National Professional Qualification?
It is a nationally recognised qualification that is standardised across the whole country. It is based on the development of key leadership competencies, which are progressive as participants move up the levels to Headship. All participants, depending upon the level, have to do a school improvement project with a team, or across the whole school showing the development of the competencies. This is supported by the face-to-face time and online learning.
The NPQSL (National Professional Qualification for Senior Leaders) is a level 2 professional qualification and follows on from the Level 1 NPQML (National Professional Qualification for Middle Leaders) – details of who may be suitable for each are contained within the leaflet from UCL (attached with this)
Why choose these qualifications for my staff or myself?
The national qualification ensures a high quality of delivery and assessment. Due to the range of self directed learning it shows employers that the person is highly motivated and willing to engage in their own learning to develop themselves in or for a role as a leader. Participants grow and develop on these programmes, showing impact and sustainability through the work they need to undertake. High quality leaders improve the life chances for children and young people in our schools.
What is Leadership Colab?
It is a school led license, working with the expertise of UCL (the IOE), to deliver the national professional qualifications for heads, senior and middle leaders. It delivers at the IOE and in clusters across the three regions in which we work: London, the South East and the East. Lambeth Academy is one of these clusters delivering locally at senior leadership level.
Why work with Leadership Colab and the Lambeth Academy?
- A local cluster gives you local expertise, with an ability to succession plan future leadership developments.
- Access to high quality face-to-face sessions facilitated by school leaders who are based in active service in schools.
- A local cluster will be able to develop their own unique aspects to the programme to fit the context of participating leaders.
- Access to a diverse range of leaders across the regions through the online learning community; all phases, inner city, urban, rural, coastal , state, independent, academies, free schools giving excellent learning and networking opportunities.
- All facilitators have been trained by the programme leaders at the IOE
- Quality assurance through the IOE.
- Access to a very intuitive online learning system that has increased functionality over other systems.
- With the backup of the IOE, access to some of the top educationalists and their work
- Working with the top university in the world for education.
- Access to a significantly reduced rat: just £995 per person for the NPQSL – £270 cheaper than completing it with UCL (IoE) – and £795 per person for the NPQML - £200 cheaper than completing it with UCL (IoE)
Where is Lambeth Academy?
London SW4 9ET
020 7819 4700
Clapham is a very easy area of London to access from other parts of London as well as from the South, South East and South West of England via train or road. The closest tube station is Clapham Common on the Northern Line which is just 8 minutes walk away.
How do I apply?
Don’t forget to ensure that you apply to be part of the Lambeth Academy (United Teaching Alliance) cluster.
The application window closes on September 16th 2016