Students at Lambeth Academy are celebrating after receiving their GCSE results. 60% of students achieved five or more 9-4/A*-C grades including English and Maths, under this year's new GCSE grading structure.
A number of students have also enjoyed particularly strong individual results:
- Teos Alchimowicz, achieved three 9s and six 8s;
- Soraya Etienne, achieved two 9s, three 8s, one 7 and two 6s;
- Julia Kolman, achieved two 9s, two 8s, two 7s and two 6s;
- Becky He, achieved one 9, two 8s, three 7s, and two 6s;
- Sharon Fonye, achieved five 8s, three 7s, one 6 and one 5;
- Idil Hassan, achieved four 8s, four 7s and two 6s.
Peter Mathershaw, Principal of Lambeth Academy, said: "Students can take pride in their achievements, which are the sum of their hard work over their years to date at Lambeth Academy. We look forward to welcoming many of them back in the new term to continue their studies at our Sixth Form. Likewise, thank you to all our staff for their ongoing efforts to support students, without which these results wouldn't have been possible."
Leon Wilson, Executive Principal of Lambeth Academy, said: "Congratulations to all our students celebrating their GCSE results. There have been some excellent individual successes, demonstrating what can be achieved through students' hard work, dedication and enthusiasm for their learning. These results will set them up for the next stages of their school careers, at our Sixth Form and beyond."